Laser Dermatology San Diego
The quality of your skin greatly affects how you feel about yourself and how others see you. Our team of dermatology professionals offers a range of laser treatments designed to improve the feel of your skin and boost your skin’s overall health and appearance. Laser therapy has evolved from laser hair removal. These therapies are an exciting innovation in skin care and can provide stunning results for skin of any age and condition.
What Is Laser Dermatology?
A laser is a specialized device that produces pulses of a powerful, intense, focused beam of light. This concentrated light beam increases the temperature of the skin and causes a heat reaction that can be used to resolve a number of skin imperfections. The therapeutic action of the laser depends on the unique properties of the light; different lasers are useful for different therapies. Lasers have the great advantage of providing precise, controlled treatments; physicians and aestheticians can control the treatment depth and can completely avoid touching skin outside the treatment area. Laser treatments are safe, effective, and can be done with minimal patient discomfort and downtime.
The laser dermatologists at Academic & Aesthetic Dermatology Consultants provide our patients with a wide range of laser removal and anti-aging treatments.
Anti-Aging Laser Treatments
Lasers are one of the most powerful anti-aging tools available. Laser resurfacing treatments help patients achieve fresh, revitalized skin with minimal discomfort and downtime. The heat reactions triggered in the skin by the lasers work to remove thin layers of surface skin and reveal smoother, unmarked skin. These heat reactions also stimulate collagen growth. As your skin “heals” from the effects of the laser, newer, firmer, smoother skin is created.
Laser resurfacing treatments work well as therapies for the following conditions:
- Chicken pox or acne scars
- Fine links and wrinkles on the forehead and around the nose, lips, and eyes
- Large pores across the nose
- Liver spots on the face and hands
- Loose skin
- Sun-damaged skin on the face and hands
- Uneven skin tone
- Redness from broken blood vessels
Tighten your skin, even your skin tone, and erase unsightly scars all without the need for surgery! That’s the reality of anti-aging laser resurfacing treatments.
Laser Removal TreatmentsIn addition to resurfacing treatments, lasers are a powerful tool for removing unwanted elements on the skin including:
- Cancer – Mohs surgery uses a laser to remove tumors and precancerous lesions safely and thoroughly.
- Hair—Lasers target the pigment in hair follicles, destroy the follicles, and prevent new hair growth.
- Tattoos—Lasers break down the tattoo pigment until it is small enough for the body’s lymphatic process to flush it away.
- Warts, external hemorrhoids, keloids, and other unwanted growths—Lasers effectively remove these conditions for healthy, smooth skin.
- Acne scars, birthmarks, and age spots—Light energy removes thin layers of scarred skin to create a new skin surface and reduce the appearance of unsightly marks and discoloration.
- Psoriasis and nail fungus—Focused doses of light can clear up scaly patches without harming the surrounding skin, even in hard-to-reach areas such as the knees and elbows.
What Can You Expect During a Laser Procedure?
Before the Procedure
During the Procedure
After the Procedure
Love the Skin You’re InAt Academic & Aesthetic Dermatology Consultants, we want all our patients to love the skin they’re in. Call for a same day appointment (858) 292-7525 or schedule your appointment online. Get started on your journey to healthier, more beautiful skin.
Copyright © 2019. All Rights Reserved.