Laser Hair Removal San Diego
Q: What is Candela Gentlelase and Why is it a Safe Treatment?
Q: What Conditions Are Treated With Laser?
Q: Why Should I Have the Gentlelase Treatment?
Q: What Does the Treatment Include?
Depending on the amount of hair treated, the procedure varies from patient to patient. Generally, the treatment will include:
- Safety eyewear to protect the patient’s eyes during the procedure from the intense laser light.
- A small handpiece will be used with a probe that touches the skin to deliver the laser light. A light spray of coolant onto the skin will be felt just before each laser pulse.
- Most patients experience little discomfort at the treatment site because of the dynamic cooling device.
- The degree of discomfort varies with each person, depending on his/her pain threshold. Topical anesthesia may also be requested. Be sure to discuss this with your physician in advance of the laser treatment.
- The procedure can take as little as 10
min-utesor up to an hour, depending on the area treated. All patients can go home immediately following treatment.
- The treated area may become pink or red within about 30 minutes of treatment; this may last from a few hours to several days.
Q: What Precautions Should Be Taken Before and After Treatment?
Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before and after treatment until your physician allows it. You MUST avoid bleaching, plucking or waxing hair for 6 weeks prior to treatment.
If you have had a history of perioral herpes, prophylactic antiviral therapy may be prescribed. If you are tan or have a darker skin type, a bleaching cream may be started 4-6 weeks before treatment.
You should discuss your desired results and the improvements you expect to achieve. Together you and the physician can decide if your expectations will be met and if this laser treatment is the best option.
Q: How Many Treatments Will I Need?
Hair grows in cycles. The number of treatments required depends upon your skin, hair coloring and coarseness of the hair. Everyone will require at least 2-3 treatments as the process is only effective on hairs during their growing cycle. Repeated sessions will be necessary to treat these follicles when they re-enter the growth phase.
Q: Is This Procedure Covered By Insurance?
Most insurance companies do not offer reimbursement for cosmetic procedures; however, consult your insurance carrier for more information.