Cooler weather can be harsh on your skin, especially your hands. During the cooler months in San Diego, many people suffer from chapped hands and don’t know how to find relief. They use lotions that don’t work or resort to just toughing it out until warmer weather arrives. Fortunately, you don’t have to suffer from chapped hands. Check out these dermatology tips for treating dry and cracked hands.
- Use lotions and creams regularly.
- The best time to apply hand lotion is after you wash your hands.
- Avoid using hand sanitizers because they contain alcohol that strips the natural oil from your hands.
- Choose unscented lotions and creams if your hands are severely chapped to avoid a burning sensation.
- Apply a layer of petroleum jelly on cracked hands before applying lotion to create a barrier between the cracked skin and lotion.
- Wear warm, insulating gloves.
At Academic & Aesthetic Dermatology Consultants, we offer high-quality, customized dermatology services to help our patients get the beautiful skin, hair, and nails they deserve. Often, we find that people diagnose themselves with chapped skin when they really have a condition called eczema. This skin condition is painful and affects the daily lives of many. If your skin is raw, red, itchy, and flaking, give us a call. Our team of skin experts has solutions to help you get the smooth skin you desire in very little time.
We’re located in San Diego, CA, and offer same-day appointments. To schedule a consultation, call us today at (858) 292-7525!